§ 134. Supplemental Standards for The Yuba River - Daguerre Point Dam to Confluence with The Fe...
23 CA ADC § 134BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 1. Central Valley Flood Protection Board
Chapter 1. Organization, Powers and Standards
Article 8. Standards (Refs & Annos)
23 CCR § 134
§ 134. Supplemental Standards for The Yuba River - Daguerre Point Dam to Confluence with The Feather River.
These standards are for dwellings and structures within the Yuba River floodway between Daguerre Point Dam and the confluence with the Feather River. These standards supplement and, where in conflict with, supersede the standards in sections 111 through 137.
(a) The following definition applies to this section:
(1) Permanent Dwelling - “Permanent Dwelling” means a dwelling that may be occupied throughout the year.
(b) The lower Yuba River flood channel is divided into Areas A, B, and C, as delineated on Figure 8.11. Area A is the flow area required to carry one hundred fifty thousand (150,000) cubic feet per second (cfs). Area A and Area B combined is the flow area required to carry two hundred thirty-five thousand (235,000) cfs. Area C is the remainder of the floodway within the flood control project levees. A map identifying the exact locations of Areas A, B and C, entitled “1995 Designated Floodway, Yuba River” is incorporated by reference into this regulation. The full-size map is available for inspection at the office of the board in Sacramento.
(c) Encroachments in Area A must conform to the general standards of this title, except that new dwellings for seasonal occupancy (as defined in section 113) and structures are not permitted.
(d) Encroachments in Area B must conform to the general standards of this title except that dwellings, structures, and mobile homes may be permitted in substantial areas of shallow flooding (water depth one (1) foot or less in a hundred-year flood) if they satisfy the requirements of subdivision (e) of this section and the requirements of section 113(d).
(e) Area C is considered a “zone B” as provided in section 113. Encroachments in Area C must conform to the general standards of this division, and in addition, meet the following requirements:
(1) The design flood plane for construction of permanent dwellings must correspond to the two hundred thirty-five thousand (235,000) cfs flow line or 100-year flood elevation, whichever is higher.
(2) New permanent dwellings are not permitted in Area C unless a safe evacuation route, satisfactory to the board, is available for the dwelling's residents.
(3) Roads that would be used to evacuate residents must be constructed to at least the one hundred fifty thousand (150,000 cfs flow line elevation, 100-year flood elevation, or at natural ground elevation, whichever is highest and may not unreasonably obstruct floodflows.
(4) The board may require the owner of a dwelling, pursuant to section 16, to execute an agreement in which the owner agrees to evacuate all residents and guests upon order of an authorized government official when flooding is forecasted for the area.
Note: Authority cited: Section 8571, Water Code. Reference: Sections 8608, 8609, and 8710, Water Code.
1. New section and figure 8.11 filed 9-30-96; operative 10-30-96 (Register 96, No. 40).
This database is current through 5/6/22 Register 2022, No. 18
23 CCR § 134, 23 CA ADC § 134
|End of Document|