§ 100154. Required Course Hours.
22 CA ADC § 100154BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 22. Social Security
Division 9. Prehospital Emergency Medical Services
Chapter 4. Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
Article 3. Program Requirements for Paramedic Training Programs
22 CCR § 100154
§ 100154. Required Course Hours.
(a) The total paramedic training program shall consist of not less than one thousand and ninety (1090) hours. These training hours shall be divided into:
(1) A minimum of four-hundred and fifty (450) hours of didactic instruction and skills laboratories;
(2) The hospital clinical training shall consist of no less than one-hundred and sixty (160) hours and the field internship shall consist of no less than four-hundred and eighty (480) hours.
(b) The student shall have a minimum of forty (40) ALS patient contacts during the field internship as specified in Section 100153. An ALS patient contact shall be defined as the student performance of one or more ALS skills, except cardiac monitoring and CPR, on a patient.
(c) The minimum hours shall not include the following:
(1) Course material designed to teach or test exclusively EMT knowledge or skills including CPR.
(2) Examination for student eligibility.
(3) The teaching of any material not prescribed in section 100160 of this Chapter.
(4) Examination for paramedic licensure.
(d) The total CCP training program shall consist of not less than two-hundred and two (202) hours. These training hours shall be divided into:
(1) A minimum of one-hundred and eight (108) hours of didactic and skills laboratories; and
(2) No less than ninety-four (94) hours of hospital clinical training as prescribed in Section 100152(b) of this Chapter.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 1797.107 and 1797.172, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Section 1797.172, Health and Safety Code.
1. Renumbering and amendment of former section 100154 to section 100158, and renumbering and amendment of section 100150 to section 100154 filed 7-10-89; operative 8-9-89 (Register 89, No. 29). For prior history, see Register 84, No. 20.
2. Amendment filed 11-4-91; operative 1-1-92 (Register 92, No. 10).
3. Renumbering of former section 100154 to section 100155 and renumbering of former section 100153 to section 100154, including amendment of section heading, section and Note, filed 3-15-99; operative 4-14-99 (Register 99, No. 12).
4. Amendment of section heading and section filed 9-10-2004; operative 10-10-2004 (Register 2004, No. 37).
5. Renumbering of former section 100154 to section 100155 and renumbering of former section 100155 to section 100156, including amendment of section heading and section, filed 2-11-2013; operative 4-1-2013 (Register 2013, No. 7).
6. Change without regulatory effect renumbering former section 100154 to section 100159 and renumbering former section 100159 to section 100154 filed 2-8-2016 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2016, No. 7).
This database is current through 10/4/19 Register 2019, No. 40
22 CCR § 100154, 22 CA ADC § 100154
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|