§ 485. American Crow.
14 CA ADC § 485Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
14 CCR § 485
§ 485. American Crow.
(2) Daily Bag and Possession Limits
The first Saturday in December and extending for 124 consecutive days
Bag Limit: 24 crows per day
Possession Limit: double the daily bag limit
Statewide: see closure area (d) below
(b) Crows may only be taken by shotguns 10 gauge or smaller using shot shells only and incapable of holding more than three shells in the magazine and chamber combined, bow and arrow, and falconry. The take or attempted take of any crows with a firearm shall be in accordance with the use of nonlead projectiles and ammunition pursuant to Section 250.1. Crows may not be hunted from aircraft.
(c) No person shall kill or cripple a crow pursuant to this section without making a reasonable effort to retrieve the bird, and retain it in their actual custody at the place where taken or between that place and either: (1) their automobile or principal means of land transportation; or (2) their personal abode or temporary or transient place of lodging; or (3) a migratory bird preservation facility; or (4) a post office; or (5) a common carrier facility.
(2) North and east of a line beginning at the mouth of the Eel River; south along the Eel River to the town of Alton; east on Highway 36 from the town of Alton to Highway 89 west of Chester; south and east on Highways 89 and 395 to Interstate 15 near Hesperia; south on Interstate 15 to Interstate 10; and east on Interstate 10 to the California-Arizona border.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 355, 356, 3004.5 and 3800, Fish and Game Code. Reference: Sections 355, 356, 3004.5 and 3800, Fish and Game Code.
1. New section filed 8-13-80; designated effective 8-15-80 (Register 80, No. 33).
2. Amendment of subsection (c) filed 1-15-81; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 81, No. 3).
3. Amendment filed 9-16-81; designated effective tenth day thereafter (Register 81, No. 38).
4. Editorial correction of subsections (b), (e)(2) and (f) filed 8-26-82 (Register 82, No. 35).
5. Amendment of subsections (a) and (f) filed 9-27-85; effective tenth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 39).
6. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 9-30-92; operative 9-30-92 pursuant to Fish and Game Code sections 202 and 215 (Register 92, No. 40).
7. Repealer of first paragraph and subsections (a) and (b), new subsection (a) and subsection relettering filed 10-2-98; operative 10-2-98 pursuant to Fish and Game Code sections 202 and 215 (Register 98, No. 40).
8. Amendment of subsection (b) and Note filed 6-26-2015; operative 7-1-2015 pursuant to Fish and Game Code section 355 and Government Code section 11343.4(b)(4)(A) (Register 2015, No. 26).
This database is current through 1/27/23 Register 2023, No. 4.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 14, § 485, 14 CA ADC § 485
|End of Document|