§ 478.1. Bobcat Hunting Tags.
14 CA ADC § 478.1Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
14 CCR § 478.1
§ 478.1. Bobcat Hunting Tags.
(a) Any person who possesses a valid hunting license may, upon payment of the fee specified in Section 702, procure only five revocable, nontransferable bobcat hunting tags. Such tags shall be acquired through the department's Automated License Data System terminals at any department license agent or department license sales office. These tags do not act as shipping tags as required in Section 479 for pelts taken under a trapping license.
(c) The holder of a bobcat hunting tag shall carry the tag while hunting bobcats. Upon the harvesting of any bobcat, the hunter shall immediately fill out the tag completely, legibly, and permanently, and cut out or punch out and completely remove notches or punch holes for the month and date of the kill. One part of the tag shall be immediately attached to the pelt and kept attached until it is tanned, dried or mounted. The other part of the tag shall be sent immediately to the department.
(d) Possession of any untagged bobcat taken under the authority of the hunting license shall be a violation of this section except that the provisions of this section shall not apply to the owner or tenant of land devoted to the agricultural industry nor to authorized county, state or federal predatory animal control agents operating under a written trapping agreement with the appropriate landowner while on such land and in connection with such agricultural industry. It is unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale, barter, trade, purchase, transport from this state, or offer for out-of-state shipment by any common carrier any bobcat pelts, or parts thereof taken pursuant to this provision.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 713 and 4150, Fish and Game Code. Reference: Sections 713 and 4150, Fish and Game Code.
1. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 7-15-85; designated effective tenth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 29). For prior history, see Registers 84, No. 47; 84, No. 29; 82, No. 24; 81, No. 20 and 80, No. 21.
2. Amendment of subsection (c) filed 7-1-86; effective upon filing (Register 86, No. 27).
3. Amendment of subsections (b) and (c) filed 7-13-94; operative 7-13-94 pursuant to sections 202 and 215, Fish and Game Code (Register 94, No. 28).
4. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 6-26-97; operative 6-26-97 pursuant to Fish and Game Code sections 202 and 215 (Register 97, No. 26).
5. Amendment of subsection (a) and amendment of Note filed 7-19-2005; operative 7-19-2005 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2005, No. 29).
6. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 8-4-2006; operative 8-4-2006 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2006, No. 31).
7. Amendment of subsections (a) and (c) filed 7-8-2011; operative 7-8-2011 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2011, No. 27).
This database is current through 1/27/23 Register 2023, No. 4.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 14, § 478.1, 14 CA ADC § 478.1
|End of Document|