§ 472. General Provisions.
14 CA ADC § 472Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
14 CCR § 472
§ 472. General Provisions.
Except as otherwise provided in Sections 478, 485, and subsections (a) through (d) below, nongame birds and mammals may not be taken.
(a) The following nongame birds and mammals may be taken at any time of the year and in any number except as prohibited in Chapter 6: English sparrow, starling, domestic pigeon (Columba livia) except as prohibited in Fish and Game Code section 3680, coyote, weasels, skunks, opossum, moles and rodents (excluding tree and flying squirrels, and those listed as furbearers, endangered or threatened species).
(1) May be taken only under the provisions of Section 485 and by landowners or tenants, or by persons authorized in writing by such landowners or tenants, when American crows are committing or about to commit depredations upon ornamental or shade trees, agricultural crops, livestock, or wildlife, or when concentrated in such numbers and manner as to constitute a health hazard or other nuisance. Persons authorized by landowners or tenants to take American crows shall keep such written authorization in their possession when taking, transporting or possessing American crows. American crows may be taken only on the lands where depredations are occurring or where they constitute a health hazard or nuisance. If required by Federal regulations, landowners or tenants shall obtain a Federal migratory bird depredation permit before taking any American crows or authorizing any other person to take them.
(2) American crows may be taken under the provisions of this subsection only by firearm, bow and arrow, falconry or by toxicants by the Department of Food and Agriculture for the specific purpose of taking depredating crows. Toxicants can be used for taking crows only under the supervision of employees or officers of the Department of Food and Agriculture or federal or county pest control officers or employees acting in their official capacities and possessing a qualified applicator certificate issued pursuant to sections 14151-14155 of the Food and Agriculture Code. Such toxicants must be applied according to their label requirements developed pursuant to sections 6151-6301, Title 3, California Code of Regulations.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 3800 and 4150, Fish and Game Code. Reference: Sections 2003, 3007, 3680, 3800, 3801, 3801.5, 4150 and 4304, Fish and Game Code.
1. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 6-7-74; designated effective 7-1-74 (Register 74, No. 23). For prior history, see Register 73, No. 50.
2. New subsection (f) filed 6-6-75; designated effective 7-1-75 (Register 75, No. 23).
3. Amendment filed 5-13-81; designated effective tenth day thereafter (Register 81, No. 20).
4. Amendment of subsections (d) and (e) filed 9-27-85; effective tenth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 39).
5. Amendment of initial sentence, and subsections (a), (b), (d) and (e) filed 8-29-86; operative 8-29-86 (Register 86, No. 36).
6. Amendment of subsection (d) filed 2-10-88; operative 3-11-88 (Register 88, No. 8).
7. Amendment of Note filed 6-26-96; operative 7-1-96 pursuant to section 11343.4(d) (Register 96, No. 26).
8. Amendment designating portions of subsection (d) as new subsections (d)(1) and (d)(2), new subsection (e) and amendment of Note filed 1-30-2015; operative 4-1-2015 (Register 2015, No. 5).
9. Amendment of first paragraph and subsections (a) and (b), new subsections (b)(1)-(2) and amendment of Note filed 12-22-2016; operative 4-1-2017 (Register 2016, No. 52).
10. Editorial correction of subsection (b)(2) (Register 2017, No. 13).
This database is current through 3/17/23 Register 2023, No. 11.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 14, § 472, 14 CA ADC § 472
|End of Document|