§ 17850. Authority and Scope.
14 CA ADC § 17850BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 14. Natural Resources
Division 7. Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery
Chapter 3.1. Compostable Materials Handling Operations and Facilities Regulatory Requirements
Article 1. General
14 CCR § 17850
§ 17850. Authority and Scope.
(a) This Chapter is adopted pursuant to and for the purpose of implementing the California Integrated Waste Management Act of 1989 (Act) commencing with section 40000 of the Public Resources Code, as amended. These regulations should be read together with the Act.
(b) This Chapter implements those provisions of the Act relating to composting. Nothing in this Chapter is intended to limit the power of any federal, state, or local agency to enforce any provision of law that it is authorized or required to enforce or administer.
(c) Biological decomposition of organic material can be both a naturally occurring or artificially controlled process. This Chapter establishes standards and regulatory requirements for intentional and inadvertent composting resulting from the handling of compostable materials, including but not limited to feedstock, compost, or chipped and ground materials as defined in section 17852.
(d) Nothing in these standards shall be construed as relieving any owner, operator, or designee from the obligation of obtaining all required permits, licenses, or other clearances and complying with all orders, laws, regulations, or reports, or other requirements of other regulatory or EA, including but not limited to, local health entities, regional water quality control boards, air quality management districts or air pollution control districts, local land use authorities, and fire authorities.
(e) Nothing in these standards precludes the EA or the board from inspecting an activity, operation or facility to determine if it is subject to these standards.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 40502, 43020 and 43021, Public Resources Code. Reference: Sections 43020 and 43021, Public Resources Code.
1. Amendment of chapter 3.1 and article 1 headings and new section filed 6-30-95; operative 7-30-95 (Register 95, No. 26).
2. Amendment of subsection (c) filed 4-7-97 as an emergency; operative 4-7-97 (Register 97, No. 15). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 8-5-97 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Amendment of subsection (c) refiled 4-7-97 as an emergency; operative 4-7-97 (Register 97, No. 31). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 12-1-97 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
4. Certificate of Compliance as to 4-7-97 order, including further amendment of subsection (c), transmitted to OAL 11-25-97 and filed 1-9-98 (Register 98, No. 2).
5. Amendment of chapter heading, amendment of subsections (c) and (d) and new subsection (e) filed 4-4-2003; operative 4-4-2003 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2003, No. 14).
6. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (a) filed 8-23-2005 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2005, No. 34).
This database is current through 2/7/20 Register 2020, No. 6
14 CCR § 17850, 14 CA ADC § 17850
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|