§ 66265.1100. Applicability.
22 CA ADC § 66265.1100BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 22. Social Security
Division 4.5. Environmental Health Standards for the Management of Hazardous Waste
Chapter 15. Interim Status Standards for Owners and Operators of Hazardous Waste Transfer, Treatment, Storage, and Disposal Facilities
Article 29. Containment Buildings
22 CCR § 66265.1100
§ 66265.1100. Applicability.
The requirements of this article apply to owners or operators who store or treat hazardous waste in units designed and operated under section 66265.1101. These provisions will become effective on February 18, 1993, although the owner or operator may notify the Department of the owner or operator's intent to be bound by this article at an earlier time. The owner or operator is not subject to the definition of land disposal in section 66260.10 provided that the unit:
(a) Is a completely enclosed, self-supporting structure that is designed and constructed of manmade materials of sufficient strength and thickness to support themselves, the waste contents, and any personnel and heavy equipment that operate within the unit, and to prevent failure due to pressure gradients, settlement, compression, or uplift, physical contact with the hazardous wastes to which they are exposed; climatic conditions; and the stresses of daily operation, including the movement of heavy equipment within the unit and contact of such equipment with containment walls;
(b) Has a primary barrier that is designed to be sufficiently durable to withstand the movement of personnel, wastes, and handling equipment within the unit;
(c) If the unit is used to manage liquids, has:
(1) A primary barrier designed and constructed of materials to prevent migration of hazardous constituents into the barrier;
(2) A liquid collection system designed and constructed of materials to minimize the accumulation of liquid on the primary barrier; and
(3) A secondary containment system designed and constructed of materials to prevent migration of hazardous constituents into the barrier, with a leak detection and liquid collection system capable of detecting, collecting, and removing leaks of hazardous constituents at the earliest possible time, unless the unit has been granted a variance from the secondary containment system requirements of section 66265.1101(b)(4);
(d) Has controls sufficient to prevent fugitive dust emissions to meet the no visible emission standard in section 66265.1101(c)(1)(D); and
(e) Is designed and operated to ensure containment and prevent the tracking of materials from the unit by personnel or equipment.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 25150, 25159, 25159.5, 25179.6 and 58012, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 25159, 25159.5 and 58012, Health and Safety Code; 40 CFR Section 265.1100.
1. New article 29 and section filed 10-24-94 as an emergency; operative 10-24-94 (Register 94, No. 43). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 2-20-95 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New article 29 and section refiled 2-21-95 as an emergency; operative 2-21-95 (Register 95, No. 8). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 6-21-95 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. New article 29 and section refiled 6-19-95 as an emergency; operative 6-19-95 (Register 95, No. 25). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 10-17-95 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
4. New article 29 and section refiled 10-16-95 as an emergency; operative 10-16-95 (Register 95, No. 42). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 2-13-96 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
5. Certificate of Compliance as to 10-24-94 order including amendment of first paragraph and subsection (c)(3) transmitted to OAL 12-15-95 and filed 1-31-96 (Register 96, No. 5).
6. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (d) filed 8-15-97 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 97, No. 33).
This database is current through 9/11/20 Register 2020, No. 37
22 CCR § 66265.1100, 22 CA ADC § 66265.1100
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|