§ 3689. Examination Waiver.
23 CA ADC § 3689BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 3. State Water Resources Control Board and Regional Water Quality Control Boards
Chapter 26. Wastewater Treatment Plant Classification, Operator Certification, and Contract Operator Registration
Article 7. Examination for Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators
23 CCR § 3689
§ 3689. Examination Waiver.
(a) The Office of Operator Certification shall waive the examination requirement and the examination fee if the applicant holds a valid, unexpired certificate issued by a certifying body for a position comparable to that of an operator at a wastewater treatment plant, provided:
(1) the experience, education, and examination requirements of the certifying body are comparable to the Office of Operator Certification's requirements as prescribed in article 6;
(2) the applicant meets the minimum education and qualifying experience requirements for the applicable grade level as prescribed in article 6;
(3) the applicant has passed a written examination, administered by the certifying body, that is comparable to the examination given by the Office of Operator Certification for the applicable grade of operator certification; and
(4) the applicant completes an application for operator certification and pays the certification and examination waiver fees prescribed in article 10.
(b) The Office of Operator Certification may refuse to waive the examination requirement if, for any act associated with performing duties at a facility that treats wastewater in a state other than California, in a territory, or on land under the jurisdiction of an Indian tribe, provided the duties are comparable to the duties of an operator or contract operator at a wastewater treatment plant, it determines that: the applicant's certification or registration has been revoked or suspended by a certifying body; discipline or administrative civil liability has been imposed against the applicant or the applicant is under investigation by a certifying body; or civil or criminal liability has been imposed upon the applicant.
(c) An applicant for certification who has been issued an examination waiver shall receive qualifying experience credit in accordance with section 3684(b).
Note: Authority cited: Section 1058, Water Code. Reference: Sections 13627 and 13628, Water Code.
1. New article 7 heading and new section filed 1-28-2013; operative 4-1-2013 (Register 2013, No. 5). For prior history of sections 3689-3692.6, see Register 92, No. 26.
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
23 CCR § 3689, 23 CA ADC § 3689
|End of Document|