§ 3. Intent.
23 CA ADC § 3BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 23. Waters
Division 1. Central Valley Flood Protection Board
Chapter 1. Organization, Powers and Standards
Article 1. Authority, Purpose, Scope, and Intent (Refs & Annos)
23 CCR § 3
§ 3. Intent.
The State has a primary interest in:
(1) Adequately protecting lands subject to overflow;
(2) Confining the waters of rivers, tributaries, bypasses, overflow channels, and basins within their respective boundaries;
(3) Preserving the welfare of residents and landowners;
(4) Maintaining and protecting the banks of the Sacramento and San Joaquin Rivers, their tributaries, bypasses, overflow channels, and basins; and
(5) Good and sufficient levees and embankments or other works of flood control and reclamation, to adequately protect lives and property from floods.
The regulations are also intended to comply with the board's obligations to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers pursuant to numerous assurance agreements, Corps Operation and Maintenance Manuals, and 33 C.F.R. section 208.10.
Note: Authority cited: Section 8571, Water Code. Reference: Sections 8710, 8532 and 8533, Water Code.
1. New section filed 9-30-96; operative 10-30-96 (Register 96, No. 40).
2. Amendment of subsection (4) filed 12-1-2009; operative 12-31-2009 (Register 2009, No. 49).
This database is current through 6/17/22 Register 2022, No. 24
23 CCR § 3, 23 CA ADC § 3
|End of Document|