(a) The Board recognized national continuing education approval body shall perform the following:
(1) Comply with the provisions of Chapter 11 of Division 2 of the Business and Professions Code and Title 16, Division 20 of the California Code of Regulations.
(2) Maintain a list of the names and addresses of the persons who are in overall charge of the provider's continuing education courses and records.
(3) Notify the Board, quarterly, of the name and address of each provider approved by it and each course of such provider. Provide without charge to any licensee who makes a request, a current list of providers and courses approved by it.
(4) Respond to complaints from the Board or any licensee concerning activities of any of its approved providers or their course(s).
(5) Take such action as is necessary to assure that the continuing education course material offered by its providers meets the continuing education requirements set forth in this article.
(6) Establish a procedure for reconsideration of its decision that a provider or a provider's course does not meet the criteria set forth in this article.
(7) Submit to the Board for its approval the fees to be charged for the approving continuing education providers and continuing education courses in connection with this article. Such fees shall not exceed costs for complying with the provisions of this article.
(b) The Board recognized national continuing education approval body shall be the American Association of Veterinary State Boards (“AAVSB”).
Note: Authority cited: Section 4808 and 4846.5, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 4846.5, Business and Professions Code.
1. New section filed 2-4-2002; operative 2-4-2002 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2002, No. 6).
This database is current through 5/19/23 Register 2023, No. 20.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 16, § 2085.11, 16 CA ADC § 2085.11