§ 56000. Scope of Chapter.
5 CA ADC § 56000BARCLAYS OFFICIAL CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS
Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 5. Education
Division 6. California Community Colleges
Chapter 7. Special Programs
Subchapter 1. Disabled Student Programs and Services
Article 1. General Provisions and Definitions
5 CCR § 56000
§ 56000. Scope of Chapter.
This subchapter applies to community college districts offering academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, services and/or instruction through Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS), on and/or off campus, to students with disabilities pursuant to Education Code sections 67310-67313 and 84850.
Programs receiving funds allocated pursuant to Education Code section 84850 shall meet the requirements of this subchapter. Any academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, services and/or instruction funded, in whole or in part, under the authority of this subchapter must:
(a) not duplicate services or instruction which are otherwise available to all students;
(b) be directly related to the educational limitations of the verified disabilities of the students to be served;
(c) be directly related to the students' participation in the educational process;
(d) promote the maximum independence and integration of students with disabilities;
(e) not include any change to curriculum or course of study that is so significant that it alters the required objectives or content of the curriculum in the approved course outline, thereby causing a fundamental alteration; and
(f) support participation of students with disabilities in educational activities consistent with the mission of the community colleges as set forth in Education Code section 66010.4.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 67312, 70901 and 84850, Education Code. Reference: Sections 66701, 67310-67313 and 84850, Education Code; and 42 U.S.C. Section 12101.
1. Repealer of chapter 1 (sections 56000-56062) and new chapter 1 (sections 56000-56088, not consecutive) filed 12-17-76 as an emergency; effective upon filing. Designated inoperative 90 days after filing (Register 76, No. 51). For prior history, see Register 73, No. 44.
2. Repealer of chapter 1 (sections 56000-56088, not consecutive) and new chapter 1 (sections 56000-56088) filed 3-15-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 12).
3. Amendment of section and NOTE filed 11-4-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 45).
4. Amendment filed 4-27-83; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 83, No. 18).
5. Repealer of chapter 1 (sections 56000-56088, not consecutive) and new chapter 1 (sections 56000-56088, not consecutive) filed 3-29-88; operative 4-28-99 (Register 88, No. 16).
6. Amendment of first and second paragraphs, repealer of subsections (a) and (f), amendment of newly designated subsections (a)-(d), new subsection (e), and amendment of Note filed 2-4-93; operative 3-6-93 (Register 93, No. 6).
7. Change without regulatory effect amending first two paragraphs, subsection (e) and Note filed 3-15-2006 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Education Code section 70901.5 (Register 2006, No. 17).
8. Amendment of first and second paragraphs and subsection (d), new subsection (e), subsection relettering and amendment of Note filed 9-17-2015; operative 10-17-2015. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Education Code section 70901.5 (Register 2015, No. 38).
This database is current through 11/12/21 Register 2021, No. 46
5 CCR § 56000, 5 CA ADC § 56000
|End of Document|