§ 27.90. White Sturgeon.
14 CA ADC § 27.90Barclays Official California Code of Regulations
Barclays California Code of Regulations
Title 14. Natural Resources
Division 1. Fish and Game Commission--Department of Fish and Game (Refs & Annos)
Subdivision 1. Fish, Amphibians and Reptiles (Refs & Annos)
Chapter 4. Ocean Fishing
Article 1. Ocean and San Francisco Bay District
Fin Fish--Minimum Size Limits, Bag and Possession Limits and Seasons
14 CCR § 27.90
§ 27.90. White Sturgeon.
(d) Methods of take: Only one single point, single shank, barbless hook may be used on a line when taking sturgeon. The sturgeon must voluntarily take the bait or lure in its mouth. No sturgeon may be taken by trolling, snagging or by the use of firearms. Sturgeon may not be gaffed, nor shall any person use any type of firearm or snare to take any sturgeon.
For the purposes of this section, a snare is a flexible loop made from any material that can be tightened like a noose around any part of the fish.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 200, 202, 205 and 220, Fish and Game Code. Reference: Sections 200, 205 and 206, Fish and Game Code.
1. Amendment of subsections (b)-(d) filed 3-1-90; operative 3-1-90 (Register 90, No. 10).
2. Amendment of subsection (c) and Note filed 3-12-92; operative 3-12-92 (Register 92, No. 20).
3. Amendment of subsection (c) filed 12-22-92; operative 12-22-92 pursuant to sections 202 and 215, Fish and Game Code (Register 92, No. 52).
4. Amendment of section heading and subsection (c), new subsection (e) and amendment of Note filed 3-20-2006 as an emergency; operative 3-20-2006 (Register 2006, No. 12). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 7-18-2006 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
5. Reinstatement of section as it existed prior to 3-20-2006 amendment by operation of Government Code section 11346.1(f) (Register 2006, No. 33).
6. Amendment of subsections (b) and (c) and new subsections (e)-(h) filed 2-28-2007; operative 2-28-2007 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2007, No. 9).
7. Amendment of subsection (h) filed 10-16-2007; operative 11-15-2007 (Register 2007, No. 42).
8. Amendment of subsection (e), repealer of subsections (e)(1)-(f)(2) and subsection relettering filed 3-14-2008; operative 4-1-2008 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2008, No. 11).
9. Amendment of subsections (c)-(d), new subsection (e) and subsection relettering filed 12-27-2012; operative 1-1-2013 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2012, No. 52).
10. Amendment of subsection (d) filed 2-23-2015; operative 2-23-2015 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4(b)(4)(A) (Register 2015, No. 9).
This database is current through 9/22/23 Register 2023, No. 38.
Cal. Admin. Code tit. 14, § 27.90, 14 CA ADC § 27.90
|End of Document|